Mycotoxins

Molds produce some of the most toxic substances known, called mycotoxins. One small moldy fruit or vegetable can pollute a huge batch of juice, jam or other product. Although molds are alive, and can be killed by zapping, mycotoxins are not, and must be detoxified by your liver.

But because mycotoxins are so extremely poisonous, a tiny amount can incapacitate a part of the liver for days!

Aflatoxin is the most common mycotoxin I detect. It is produced by molds that grow on quite a variety of plants. For that reason I am always cautioning people to eat only perfect citrus fruit, and never drink commercial fruit juice. Of the thousands of oranges that go into the batch of orange juice you drink, one is sure to be moldy, and that is all it takes to give your liver a setback.

A heavy dose of vitamin C helps the liver recover quickly. It also helps get rid of aflatoxin before it is consumed, right in the food container. So keep a plastic shaker of vitamin C powder handy and use it like salt on all your food.

There are thirteen other mycotoxins I have searched for in our foods. They are described in the section on moldy food (page
381).

Physical Toxins

Breathing in dust is quite bad for you so your body rejects it by sneezing, coughing, spitting up and out. Imagine breathing in broken glass particles. They cut into the lungs in a thousand places and couldn’t be coughed up. They would travel. Imagine swallowing a needle or open pin. If the tip was blunt it could move through the intestine. But because it is sharp it gets caught in your tissue, then works its way deeper and deeper.

Would we ever knowingly breathe in broken glass? We are justifiably afraid of it in our food or under our bare feet. We are unaware that it fills our homes when fiberglass insulation is left imperfectly sealed off. Any hole made through the ceiling or wall, even if covered with cloth, lets swarms of broken glass bits into the house air. Air currents flow inward, into your living space. So all holes leading to the attic or insulated spaces must be sealed airtight. Of course, fiberglass should never be used in home construction, draperies, or around water heaters. The best advice is to have it all removed while you are away and then vacuum and dust.

Occasional exposures by house builders working outdoors does much less harm. Chronic exposure from a single small hole in the ceiling does a lot of harm, leading to cyst formation. And that cyst is a perfect place for parasites and bacteria to settle and multiply. When the intestinal fluke settles there it becomes malignant!

Cancer patients with solid tumors have either fiberglass or asbestos in them.

Asbestos is another tiny bit, sharp as glass, that moves through your body like a swordfish, impaling your cells until it, too, gets routed into a cyst.

We have been led to believe that we no longer have asbestos in our homes because we have outlawed the fireproofing materials it was used in. While that may be true, the source I find most often is all too prevalent: the clothes dryer belt. As it gets hot the belt releases a blast of asbestos particles that are forced through the seams of your dryer, and also openings in your exhaust hose, by the high pressure formed inside. It is now in your air.

Chemical Toxins

Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) or freon is the refrigerant in your air conditioner and refrigerator coils. CFCs are suspected of causing the ozone hole above the South Pole. All cancer sufferers test positive for CFCs in their cancerous organ! I have preliminary evidence that it is CFCs that attract other pollutants–fiberglass, metals, PCBs–to form a growing tumor instead of allowing their excretion. This would make it a “super carcinogen.”. How could you detect CFCs leaking in your home? By the time your air conditioner or refrigerator needs recharging, you have been exposed for a long time. We desperately need an inexpensive, in-home test for this unsuspected killer.

Arsenic is used in pesticide. Why would we poison ourselves along with the cockroaches? Is it because we can’t see it happening? Just as we couldn’t see the fiberglass floating in the air? Our diligent scientists have studied the mechanism of arsenic poisoning in great detail. Then why are we allowed to put it on our lawns to be carried into our carpets via shoes?

Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), oily compounds with wonderfully useful electrical properties, were originally used in transformers until their inability to break down into less toxic substances in our environment was spotlighted. Banned from use, I find them in most commercial soap and detergents! Is transformer oil being disposed of by selling it to soap makers?

Formaldehyde is used to cure foam. As a result, foam furniture, pillows and mattresses give off formaldehyde for about two years after manufacturing. If you sleep with your nose buried in a new foam pillow all night, you are risking major lung problems.

Every cleanser in your house probably has a toxic warning on its label. Every fluid your automobile uses is toxic. Every pesticide, herbicide and fertilizer you put on your lawn is probably toxic. Every paint, varnish, wax, lubricant, bleach and detergent will send you to the hospital if even a small amount is
ingested. Why do we keep them around? See Recipes (page 513) for safe, old-fashioned, alternatives.
If you are ill even after zapping, it is toxins still at work. Getting rid of them is a major step toward being well.

Parasite fun