Dolores Bollapragada, 50ish, had suffered from clinical ergot poisoning in the past which put her in a coma for several weeks. Ergot is a grain (especially rye) fungus, very toxic to the liver. Its byproducts are used in migraine medicine. She had overdosed, somehow. Perhaps her liver never recovered. It no longer detoxified solvents for her, allowing them to accumulate in her retina. There she had propyl alcohol, benzene, carbon tetrachloride acetone, butyl nitrite, styrene, gasoline, wood alcohol, paradichlorobenzene (moth balls), pentane, methylene chloride and decane. She stopped snacking on cold cereal through the day. She had many habits and products to change. But she was determined to salvage her sight. She did.